There are three steps involved in declaring a major in Cognitive Systems at UBC:
- Applying and getting accepted into UBC. If there are any questions about applying to UBC, please consult the Admissions Office.
- Applying and getting accepted into either the Faculty of Arts or Faculty of Science (depending on the desired stream).
- Applying to Cognitive Systems. The process will differ depending on the student’s home Faculty. See below for details.
Applying to the Streams in the Faculty of Arts
To apply to the streams in the Faculty of Arts:
- The student must be in the Faculty of Arts.
- Students in second-year standing of the Faculty of Arts may be eligible to apply to COGS. Please consult the application instructions for the requirements.
Applying to the Streams in the Faculty of Science
To apply to the streams in the Faculty of Science:
- The student must be in the Faculty of Science.
- Students in the Faculty of Science will have the opportunity to apply for the COGS science specializations through the Second-Year Application (at the end of first year, in June).
Switching into COGS from a Different Specialization
Students who currently have a specialization at UBC and are wishing to switch their declared specialization can apply to COGS directly via the online application form if they wish to switch into the following COGS streams:
- B.A. Cognition and Brain
- B.A. Language
- B.A. Mind, Language, and Computation
- B.Sc. Cognition and Brain
Please consult the application instructions for the requirements. The application deadline for 2019W Term 2 entry is November 30, 2019.