Once you have been admitted to a COGS major, the degree requirements will vary depending on the faculty to which you belong, and on the specialization on which you choose to focus (select the menu item that corresponds to your stream). The degree requirements listed here are taken from the UBC Academic Calendar.
Degree Requirements Archive
To look up old degree requirements from past years, please visit the UBC Calendar Degree Archive. Note that COGS degree requirements are listed by Faculty, Department, then specialization (e.g. to look up Language stream requirements, look at the Faculty of Arts’ Linguistics section of the calendar archive).
Degree Requirements vs. Admission Requirements
All degree requirements must be fulfilled for a COGS major to graduate.
Some COGS streams have admission requirements which need to be fulfilled for a student to be eligible to apply for the desired COGS major.
- Admission requirements for B.Sc. Cognition and the Brain (when applying via the second-year application): https://science.ubc.ca/students/degree/apply/req#1225
- Admission requirements for B.Sc. Computational Intelligence and Design (when applying via the second-year application): https://science.ubc.ca/students/degree/apply/req#1226
- Admission requirements for B.A. Cognition and the Brain, B.A. Language, B.A. Mind, Language, and Computation, and B.Sc. Cognition and the Brain (only when switching in from a different major): https://cogsys.ubc.ca/application-instructions
- Admission requirements for B.Sc. Computational Intelligence and Design (when switching in from a different major): Please contact Computer Science Advising for details.
Steps to take if you are unsure as to which admission requirements to follow:
- Visit the Applying to Cognitive Systems page
- Take the self-assessment at the bottom of the page
- If it is still unclear, contact the Program Coordinator